As an advisory group, the Steering Committee exchanges ideas on how to resolve issues and to best execute management decisions. The Steering Committee’s breadth and depth of experience in gold exploration and development, construction, public relations, legal, transportation, distribution and processing represented a significant step forward for the Company’s strategic capabilities. With cooperation and assistance from the committee members and their business contacts, tasks were effectively and efficiently expedited. Substantial cost savings were realized because of the input from the Steering Committee.
On December 9, 2013, the Steering Committee held its final meeting for the year with 10 of the original 11 members committed to continuing their involvement to the Company in 2014. “This diverse group of business leaders provided strategic direction which maximized economic, environmental and social benefits from the Atlanta Gold Project, developed new technologies and obtained public and private investment. I am grateful to the committee members and the cooperative and focused work we’ve done together to date.” said Ernest Simmons, President and CEO of the Company.
The 2014 Steering Committee is comprised of the following eleven members:
- Wm. Ernest Simmons, President, CEO & Director of Atlanta Gold Inc. and AGC
- Eric Berentsen, Director of Atlanta Gold Inc. and Vice-President of AGC
- Ryan A. Eldridge, Sr. Project Manager, Water, Civil and Environmental Inc.
- Nate Fisher, Partner in EF Public Policy
- John I’nama, Mine Site Coordinator, AGC
- John Jackson, Director of Atlanta Gold Inc.
- Michelle Points, Owner of Points Law, PLLC
- Jessica Sanow, Boise State University Hydrology/Geology Intern
- Becky Shull, Corporate Secretary and Treasurer of AGC
- Richard Talboy, President of Talboy Construction, Inc.
- Dave Turner, President of Knife River, Intermountain Region
The members of the Steering Committee that are not directors, officers or employees of the Company or AGC will serve in an advisory capacity and responsibility for the actions of AGC will remain with the management and directors of AGC. Atlanta Gold Corporation reports and serves the shareholders through direction provided by the Board of Directors of Atlanta Gold Inc.
About the Company
Atlanta Gold Inc. holds through its 100% owned subsidiary, Atlanta Gold Corporation, leases, options or ownership interests in its Atlanta properties which comprise approximately 2,159 acres (8.74 square kilometers) located 90 air kilometers east of Boise, in Elmore County, Idaho. A long history of mining makes Atlanta very suitable for development of new mining projects. The Company is focused on advancing its core asset, Atlanta, towards mine development and production.
For further information contact:
NEITHER THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.